Zoom Call Best Practices #2- Simplify the Experienceadmin
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL HINTS TO SIMPLIFY YOUR EXPERIENCE
Free zoom accounts have a meeting time limit of 40 minutes. If you think your meeting will run close to 40 minutes then consider a paid plan, offering significantly longer time limits
- It is highly recommended that you enable the meeting room feature to prevent any unwanted guests from intruding your meeting. Follow these directions to do so:
- Click on the In Meeting (Advanced) option.
- Search or scroll to find the Waiting Room option.
- Toggle the button next to the Waiting Room to enable this feature.
- After enabling the Waiting Room feature, you can choose to send all participants to the Waiting Room when they join or to send only guest participants (external accounts) to the Waiting Room. You can also allow other internal participants to admit guests from the Waiting Room if the host is not yet in the meeting.
- While in your meeting you will notice several buttons at the bottom of your screen that be very useful
- The chat button allows you to send messages to everyone in the meeting or individual members. It can be helpful if, for example, someone does not realize they are unmuted and there is distracting background noise, you could send them a chat message suggesting they mute themselves
- The participant’s button allows you to view all in the meeting. You can also mute all participants if you need all attendees to remain quiet.